Sunday, July 18, 2010

Upcoming Carving

I am currently working on a muskie that is 33 inches long and will post a picture if it turns out like expected. It took 3 hours between Friday night and Saturday morning just to draw the lines on it before I wood burn it. The push to get it done is on as I will be in a wood carver's festival on July 31st. What is most interesting about the entire endeavor is not the fact that I am actually learning a great way to improve my integral health for myself, but that I am going to this festival to honor the man who actually started it (my wife's grandfather). He is 89 years old and has been carving for 35 years and really has been an inspiration. My only goal from the event is that he is proud of me--that is really all that matters. I don't even care if I sell anything.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment