One of the most common methods that I have implored to talk about how well or how poorly the fish are biting is through code. I might say something like, "I went to the Oak Grocery and the selections were pretty limited" to indicate a poor fishing day. However, things have gone extraordinarily well over the past week with limits of crappies and northerns being procured. Pretty awesome time 0f year to live in Northern Minnesota:)
Mark
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Professor! Have you ever considered this?
ReplyDeleteMy Dad & Grandpa used to talk about the moon a lot before we would go fishing. Of course I was young and didn't pay much attention, and we did fish mostly in the Gulf of Mexico so I can see how the moon may be more influential in oceans vs. other bodies of water, but I was just curious as to your take on the topic.
In hindsight, I wish I had paid more attention to them regarding this particular point because they didn’t have use of the Internet then and we usually always caught boo-coodle’s of fish!
Fishing By Moon Phase: Increase Your Catch!
http://tiny.cc/mooningfish
Best regards!
T=o)
Hi Terri,
ReplyDeleteI actually am a firm believer in the moon phases and seldom go unless I know what the solunar events for the day include. When the moon is on the rise or fall, there is about a 30-45 minute window (sometimes less) before it that will ignite the biggest fish to feed. When the moon is officially breaks the horizon or falls below it, many times it is like a switch and everything stops. I have caught 3 of my 4 muskies by this and many crappies similarly.
Mark